One founding principle of Zion Foundation is that to make a community thrive, the existing people must be utilized to their fullest. Zion Foundation Directors create a single community council exclusively comprised of existing local leaders:
- Leaders of religious congregations including Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus and any other sizable faith-based congregations. These leaders already know many of the spiritual and physical needs of their respective congregations.
- Members of the local Chamber of Commerce and/or other business-oriented leaders, particularly those chosen by peer-nominated vote
- Leaders/founders of locally-focused charities, clubs and associations
- Other community leaders such as PTA and HOA elected leaders, elected city government officials, etc.
- Our Community Director ensures decisions on expenditures comply with nonprofit state and federal law. They also ensure the council decisions are unanimous. Unity is crucial to our success as communities.